The thought of hurting yourself should not be something that is on your mind. It is not healthy to think of punishing yourself when you feel that you warranted it because you have done something wrong. To visualize hurting yourself in a dream, whether emotionally or physically, suggests you may be too strict and judgmental about yourself. You feel that you have failed to live up to the grandiose expectations others and yourself may have anticipated from you. Dreaming about hurting yourself suggests that you are baffled and frustrated with your current situation. You yearn to escape, for you feel the world is a cold and hostile place.
Therefore, you feel by hurting yourself, you are able to punish yourself for failing to become what others want of you. You may be scared to do it physically in your awake self. As a result, you envision hurting yourself in your dream as a form of release of pent up frustration and guilt. Take a minute, sit down, and think. Although others want you to succeed and achieve high goals, you are human and not perfect. There should be nothing in the world that forces you to resort to hurting yourself.
Alternatively, hurting yourself in a dream may symbolize you feel neglected. You want attention from others, and feel that attention will be received if others realize you are hurt. Sure, you may get the attention of others, but is pity and sympathy what you really want?
- Share your unique version of Hurting Yourself in Dreams with the community of dream analysts for discussion and dream translation by leaving a comment
- Study your dream interpretations with Dream Dictionary: Hurting Yourself in Dreams
- Explore the Hurting Yourself in Dreams analysis provided and pending feedback
- Use the search box for A Z dream dictionary
- Find answers to: why do people dream, what Islamic dreams mean, translate my dream, sleazy Hurting Yourself in Dreams, innocent dreams from sleep, Christian Hurting Yourself in Dreams symbols, meaning behind dreams, Shamanic dreams, nightmares, and common Hurting Yourself in Dreams
- Learn to tackle recurring nightmares and bad dreams